October 06, 2013

My favorite cookbooks!

I have a thing for cookbooks. I know you can link and search and save and bookmark electronic recipes. But I really do love to get my hands on a good, old-fashioned hardback cookbook.  I read them cover to cover and back again. I receive enormous teasing from my husband because while he boards a plane carrying his favorite novel to read in-flight, I bring Julia Child's Baking with Julia. And it's a beast of a cookbook, y'all. Certainly not the easiest to lug onto a plane. But I do it. Gosh, I really do it.

So here are my favorites. They offer food that tastes good, lovely pictures, and real cooking tips that have made me better in the kitchen.

Screen Doors and Sweet Tea
Baking with Julia
Bon Appetit, Y'all
Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood
Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible
Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics
Barefoot Contessa Foolproof
Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?
The Pioneer Woman Cooks Volumes 1 & 2
Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
Sprinkle Bakes
Pure Vanilla
Southern Living 1000 Ways to Cook Southern

You can find all of these cookbooks on Amazon.com! Enjoy!