April 25, 2014

raspberry lemonade freezer pie + le creuset winners

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm a busy busy BUSY bee working to get the Euna Mae's store open in just two weeks! Two. Weeks! I have the most fun merchandise coming in every day! I can't wait for everyone to see and shop and visit! I also have a few collaborations in the works that I can't wait to share with you soon! It all gives me butterflies!

If you're not following Euna Mae's on instagram, then what are you waiting for?! Instagram is my primary social media tool where I'm sharing the most news, updates, pictures, and more. PLUS I've had several giveaways that you're missing out on! So hop on board the EM's train! We're having a lot of fun!

Just yesterday to celebrate two weeks til opening, I had a comment contest to giveaway two Le Creuset batter bowls to two friends! And y'all went C-R-A-Z-Y commenting and tagging your friends! 582 comments...can you believe that?! So the winning comment is @cmohorn and the friend she tagged @beth_davies5. Each of you please email eunamaes@gmail.com for info on how to get your batter bowls! Make something yummy in them, ladies!

Since it's Friday and finally sunny and warm in Northwest Arkansas, I'm sharing one of my favorite freezer pies with y'all for your weekend baking. Baking is actually a strong work for this pie because there's no baking involved at all. I should rephrase and say "for your weekend stirring"...because that's all there is to this sweet little number.

Raspberry Lemonade Freezer Pie is creamy and sweet and tart and cold....all the things I love. As a matter of fact, one time when I was pregnant and my husband was out of town, I ate one of these pies all by myself. Shameful. I cannot muster restraint when this pie is in the freezer. You can certainly lighten this recipe by using sugar free and fat free versions of the ingredients. It may affect the taste and the consistency, but you pick your battles. No matter what, I'd never turn down a piece or three of this dreamy dessert! Hope y'all enjoy! 

 
Raspberry Lemonade Freezer Pie
{makes one pie}

1 pre-made shortbread or graham crust
this comes in a foil pan and are usually in the baking aisle
1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
8oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
the zest of one lemon
1/2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon sugar
1 container of frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip, thawed
mint sprigs for garnish

In a small bowl, sprinkle the fresh raspberries with one teaspoon of sugar and mash with a spoon into a liquidy, berry mush with some small berry chunks still in tact for texture. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and thawed lemonade concentrate until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest and vanilla. Stir in the raspberry mush. Carefully fold in the thawed whipped topping. Fold until well combined.
Spoon into shortbread or graham crust; freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.